Podcast: National League Central Preview
Burning question of the day: Will Carlos Pena ever hit his weight again?
Earlier this week, Alex Reimer had me on his Podcast, Without a Curse, to once again discuss the National League Central. I believe this is the third straight year he’s had me on to dissect this particular division, which — as you know — has more teams than any other division — and that means more prep work for me! Are you all on the verge of tears now? I hear tiny violins playing…
Seriously though, it was a blast as always, and as we went through team by team, we didn’t always agree with each others assessments, but here are a few highlights of our chat:
- Is this the year the Pirates break out of the division basement? One thing’s for sure: you can expect some high-scoring affairs from what should be an exciting young team.
- Do the Astros have more than one player in their lineup that will be above average offensively?
- Can the Cubs actually compete this year, and how did Alfonso Soriano get so freaking old so freaking fast?
- Fearless prediction: Carlos Pena will never hit his weight again.
- Can the Cardinals possibly overcome the loss of Adam Wainwright?
- How big a year is Albert Pujols going to have with his eyes on a fat ass payday?
- Did the Brewers do enough this offseason to take over the division?
- Did the Reds do enough this offseason to repeat as division winners?
Alex, who is not a Fantasy sports player at all, tried to put me on the spot by asking me to justify the game, so I schooled the youngster about why people are so fanatical about their Fantasy sports.
My portion of the interview comes in shortly after 15-minute mark and you can hear the Podcast in its entirety by clicking the play button below.