Podcast: Examining the Shortstop Situation
Many eyebrows were raised by the A’s signing of Yoenis Cespedes.
Another Thursday has come and gone, and with it another episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball 365 Podcast, featuring Buck, Tim and yours truly spewing forth sage and edifying Fantasy baseball advice over on Blogtalkradio. Join us every Thursday at 11 p.m. EST as we talk shop and help you with your Fantasy baseball teams.
In this week’s installment, we covered:
- The A’s inexplicable signing of Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes. The Moneyball era is apparently over. I wonder how Brad Pitt feels about this?
- The A.J. Burnett trade rumours and whether a move back to the NL can salvage his Fantasy value.
- Kosuke Fukodome’s signing with the White Sox — should Fantasy owners care? And would you rather have Fukudome on your roster or contract genital herpes? Discuss.
- News that Evan Longoria was treated for his addiction to Morton’s steakhouse… err, he had surgery for Morton’s Nueroma — a painful foot disorder, and whether this will have any Fantasy backlash at all. Should Longoria owners be worried?
- And, of course, we spent the bulk of the show digging deeper into our recently released Shortstop Rankings, as we identified some sleepers and busts at the position.
What are you waiting for? Press play below and bask in our Fantasy wisdom, young grasshopper.