Podcast: DHs are People Too
Hard luck Ike Davis is now dealing with Valley Fever, which is no laughing matter.
In this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, Buck, Tim and I again spewed forth Fantasy prognostications en masse for nearly 90 minutes.
As usual, the show was lively, entertaining and wide-reaching, covering such diverse topics as:
- Should owners downgrade Corey Hart in the wake of arthroscopic knee surgery?
- Valley Fever may or may not have struck again with the new victim being Ike Davis. What’s the dealio here?
- The Carl Crawford saga continues as he’s been shut down this week. Should we move the needle here?
- Shaun Marcum is dealing with shoulder soreness. Didn’t we go through this last year with him? Should we be worried this time around?
- Is it time to be worried about David Wright’s fragility? What about his mindset?
- The expansion of the Wild Card playoffs – this topic spurred a contentious debate during which RotoRob was voted off the island, apparently.
- Health updates on a couple of New York pitchers – Johan Santana of the Mets and Michael Pineda of the Yanks – and the Fantasy implications of their situations.
- Naturally, we slotted in around 45 minutes for Tim to discuss Yu Darvish’s first start and broke some fascinated news about Yu’s love child.
- We also went over a couple of our recent additions to the 2012 RotoRob MLB Draft Kit including our Designated Hitter Rankings and our Top 10 Rookies. Designated hitters is an easy category to overlook, but you’d be unwise to complete ignore some of these dudes.
As always, t’was a good time, so if you missed the live broadcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, by the by), you can catch it all here by pressing the play button below. Get to it!