Podcast: Reviewing the Moundsmen
Humberto Quintero has been dealt to the Royals where he’ll resume his Fantasy irrelevance.
Another Thursday has come and gone meaning it was time for another episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, once again this week a March Madness distracted version thereof. Buck, Tim and I still found time to discuss RotoRob’s new job with the Saints and Tim’s taste in video games (Pong? Really?). Prickles the hedgehog was also front and centre in this week’s episode. Oh… and we also covered a shitload of Fantasy baseball related matters, such as:
- The first deal in some time saw the Royals address their sudden catching issue by acquiring Humberto Quintero and speedy outfielder Jason Bourgeois from the Astros for southpaw reliever Kevin Chapman and the ever-popular PTBNL. Is there any Fantasy fallout from this trade?
- Miguel Cabrera’s fielding prowess and how much different his face might look by season’s end.
- The Carlos Quentin trade is already looking bad for the Padres, which doesn’t really surprise us, but it’s great news for Jesus Guzman.
- Back in KC, the news is not good on the closer front. How should Fantasy owners approach this situation?
- Chase Utley’s injury woes have obviously not disappeared with a new season upon us. What’s the dealio in Philly and is Freddy Galvis (who?) worth a look while Utley tries to shake his health problems?
- In another closer situation worth monitoring, we explore what’s going on in Oakland and debate who you should be targeting in your draft.
- Mike Minor’s brilliant spring and what it means for his Fantasy value.
- A review of our recently-released Starting Pitcher rankings, complete with our sleeper and bust choices.
- Finally, we continued our countdown of the Top 55 prospects, with a closer look at prospects 49 through 41.
Hear all the hilarity and Fantasy baseball goodness by clicking the play button below.