Podcast: Closer Conundrums
Can Johnny Damon help ignite the moribund Indian offense?
In this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio.com) the panel battled through a dramatic last-second appearance by Tim and some brief dead air to deliver another solid 90 minutes chock filled with Fantasy baseball goodness. Buck, myself and tardy Tim covered a ton of ground in the show, including:
- Lance Berkman’s injury and his chances of staying healthy for the rest of the season.
- Lorenzo Cain’s early season woes and injury — will this guy ever deliver on his promise?
- Johnny Damon’s return to the bigs with Cleveland and whether there is value to be found with the oldtimer.
- Which young outfielder has a better chance of being a Fantasy contributor this year — Jerry Sands or Leonys Martin?
- Jeremy Hellickson’s injury scare and his great debut, as he continues to defy the experts, who predict a major regression.
- Plenty of closer/set-up guys chat, as we looked at the bullpen situations for the White Sox, Nationals, Yankees, Cubs, Tigers, Blue Jays, Marlins, Rangers, Red Sox, Royals, Rays and Giants. Phew!
As always, the discussion was spirited, occasionally contentious but unfailingly edifying for Fantasy baseball owners. Do yourself a favour and press play below to hear the show in its entirety.