Podcast: Carl Crawford’s Medical Nightmare
Anxiety has sent Aubrey Huff to the DL — could this be the end of his run with the Giants?
This week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. on Blogtalkradio) featured an under-the-wire arrival by RotoRob and some technical issues by either just him or everyone, depending on who you were listening to. Buck, Tim and I muddled through, offering up over an hour and a half’s (!) worth of Fantasy baseball analysis covering the top issues of the week, including:
- Carl Crawford’s injury woes have travelled from his wrist down to his elbow, and now he’s going to miss another three months as a result. WTF?
- Still in the AL East, the Yankees are having problems of their own with one of their prized acquisitions as Michael Pineda needs shoulder surgery that will cost him the entire season.
- On the west coast, meanwhile, Aubrey Huff is being haunted by anxiety issues that have landed him on the DL. Is this finally Brandon Belt’s time to shine?
- Another NL West squad is dealing with a different type of health woe as the Padres’ rotation took another serious hit when it was announced Dustin Moseley would require season-ending surgery.
- Uh oh. Ryan Zimmerman’s injury issues have cropped up again as he’s been out since Saturday with a shoulder woe. What’s the prognosis here? And how good have the Nats been despite all these injuries?
- Moving to the midwest, the Royals bullpen took a hit this week when Greg Holland suffered a rib injury. Many thought that by now he’d be the man to own in the KC pen, but he’s been anything but so far. How do things look for that relief corps now?
We covered all of these issues, plus many, many, many more in this extremely in-depth Podcast. Listen to the show in its entirety by clicking that cool little pointy thing below.