Podcast: The Quest for Pitching… and Pizza
The signing of draft choice Deven Marrero gives the BoSox yet another “shortstop of the future.”
On this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. on Blogtalkradio), Buck, Tim and myself discussed runaway seals, Pamela Anderson’s attractiveness (or lack thereof) and Rob’s need to have pizza. Oh, and we also provided a crapload of Fantasy baseball analysis.
Among the topics we explored were:
- Buck’s confusion about what Pamela Anderson has to do with Fantasy baseball.
- Recent top Red Sox draft choice Deven Marrero’s career prospects.
- The job Boston has done staying afloat offensively without Jacoby Ellsbury and Carl Crawford.
- What you can expect from new Ranger starter Roy Oswalt.
- Tim’s lack of interest in the scar tissue that was removed from Troy Tulowitzki’s groin.
- Leonys Martin’s prospects heading into 2013.
- Looking for some second-half sleepers among the starting pitcher ranks.
- The Roger Clemens’ legal saga and how this might affect his chances at enshrinement in Cooperstown.
- RotoRob’s inability to simultaneously pay attention to the Podcast and the chat room.
- Jair Jurrjens’ attempt to return to form in the majors and whether we can expect it to be a success.
- Buck’s reaction to the Joe Maddon-Davey Johnson tiff.
- Tim used the expression “sliding dickie in and bumping everyone back…” For context, we suggest you listen to the show!
- RotoRob rants about how players get to serve suspensions while they are on the DL. We’re looking at you, Freddy Galvis.
- Our take on the red-hot Aaron Hill.
- What the future of the Jays will be built on.
- Poof! Trevor Plouffe becomes a Fantasy darling overnight.
- The arrival of Derek Norris and what his Fantasy prospects will be.
As always, hear the Podcast in its glorious completeness by clicking the arrow thingy below.