Podcast: Doing the Aroldis Chapman
Josh Collmenter will replace Daniel Hudson in the D-Back rotation.
This week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio) was special as it fell on the sixth anniversary of the site. Buck commemorated the event with an awesome redneck version of Happy Birthday that simply had to be experienced. Tim, meanwhile, simply ate more gummy bears.
Oh, and we also talked Fantasy baseball. Tons of it. Among the topics we broached:
- RotoRob’s b-day celebration which included Aroldis Chapman-like moves.
- Daniel Hudson’s recent struggles, injury and status going forward.
- Whether the Phillies have enough time to claw back into the race with their key injured players starting to return.
- Buck’s edification of Tim (once again) that there are no such things are “minor groin injuries.”
- How Yankee fans got riled up about Aroldis Chapman’s somersault antics in light of Rafael Soriano and “untuckgate.”
- Speaking of the Yankees and their fans, they have legitimate reason to be riled up about the health of their pitching staff right now.
- Whether Dan Haren owners should be worried about their man.
- Has Tim Lincecum turned the corner? The jury remains out on that one…
- The prevailing question of life surfaces again: given his diet, how is Tim still alive?
- The double standard involving athletes and legal issues.
- Colby Lewis’ injury and the suddenly decimated Texas Rangers rotation.
- Alex Avila’s knee woes and how this might affect his PT down the stretch.
- How James Shields’ 2011 season gave us unrealistic expectations of him this year.
- The end of the Kevin Youkilis era in Boston.
- Could Charlie Sheen be in line to star in another baseball movie?
- How the American League has kicked the National League’s ass in Interleague play in recent years.
Listen to the show in full by clicking the play button below. It’s fun, free and easy!