Podcast: Trade Deadline Analysis
Joe Kelly has not allowed more than three runs in a start.
Man, there sure was a crapload of content for Buck, Tim and I to go over on this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio. That whole trade deadline thingy went down, leaving us with a veritable cornucopia of deals to discuss. Throw in the multiple listeners that called into the show and the fact that we had to begin planning Buck’s ascension to the MLB Commissioner position, and you’ve got an action-packed Podcast.
Among this week’s highlights:
- Is Joe Kelly worth a roster spot in a league that rewards quality starts?
- A look at the Pirates’ catching situation, both for the rest of 2012 and long term.
- The arrival in the majors of Mike Olt, and what we can expect from this young slugger.
- Whether Derek Lowe has anything left to offer a big league team.
- Tim’s bafflement over Yu Darvish’s recent performance.
- Chad Qualls’ non-stop journey around the majors.
- Nate Schierholtz’s prospects in Philly.
- The Dodgers’ addition of Shane Victorino and what he’ll bring to the table in LA.
- Did the signing of Jonathan Papelbon ultimately screw the Phillies’ 2012 season?
- Ryan Dempster’s ugly debut for the Texas Rangers.
- Buck’s platform for becoming the next MLB Commissioner.
- How the Cubs’ rotation battle will be wide open next season.
- The fact that Brad Lincoln could turn out better than many Jays’ fans seem to think.
- One of our callers was looking for holds dudes and potential closers in waiting, and we do our best to identify some for him.
Listen to both the hilarity and the sage advice that is RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast by clicking play below.