Podcast: The Arrival of Manny Machado
Is Bobby Valentine going to be sent packing soon?
Another Thursday has come and gone and that means Buck, Tim and I convened for another episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio. Despite Tim’s best efforts to get RotoRob off his game (by distracting him with talk of gummy-bear topped chocolate chip cookies), the show went more or less seamlessly, as we once again tackled a whole host of Fantasy baseball related issues, including:
- The irony that will be the thief of Rob’s bike getting killed because the brakes don’t work.
- Buck and Tim’s quest for a free entry to First Pitch Arizona.
- Are teams becoming more willing to bring extremely young prospects to the majors?
- Brett Lawrie’s oblique injury which has finally sent him to the DL and whether we should be disappointed with his 2012 season compared to what he showed last year.
- How injuries have decimated the Red Sox’s chances this year.
- When will Tampa Bay’s Jim Hickey get his due as an excellent pitching coach?
- The long-awaited return of Evan Longoria and how important that is to the Rays’ chances.
- Mike Stanton’s triumphant return and his historic exploits despite knee surgery.
- David Ortiz’s pending return and how he’s obviously far from done given what he’s done this year.
- The reasons why the Red Sox are struggling and what it means to the future of Manager Bobby Valentine.
- The Twins’ recent offensive surge and whether they can make some noise down the stretch.
- How starting pitching has forced the Cleveland Indians off the rails.
- Whether Detroit’s recent run at home will propel it to another division title in the AL Central.
- Chipper Jones’ last hurrah and how well it’s been going for the soon-to-be-retiring vet.
- The Dodgers’ acquisition of Joe Blanton and whether he can be a difference maker in the NL West.
- We try to help a caller identify some available pitchers that can provide holds and the occasional save.
To hear the Podcast in its entirety, simply click that pointy thingy below.