Podcast: The Tainted Batting Race
Buck’s Cincy tour included myriad goetta sightings. (Buck Davidson)
This week we had rare footage on RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio. Not only was everyone on time, but there were not any technical snafus, and no one was grumpy! Okay, perhaps we got sidetracked a bit early on with a tour of Cincy’s pork products, but we managed to more or less stay focused on baseball and even almost get through our entire lineup.
Among the highlights:
- Buck’s photographic barrage of our e-mail in-boxes of pork related products.
- Melky Cabrera’s potential batting title and what a black eye that would be for the game.
- In light of Miguel Cabrera’s race for history, we took a historical look at Triple Crown winners and the shocking number of them who did not also win the MVP for their accomplishments.
- Comparing the Hall of Fame worthiness of Roberto Alomar and Chipper Jones, based on their respective reputations.
- Speaking of which, Buck wonders why Edgar Martinez isn’t in the Hall of Fame yet.
- Yunel Escobar’s heinous act of douchebaggery and how we can eliminate that kind of bullshit from the game.
- Dan Uggla is starting to come around at the perfect time for the playoff-bound Braves.
- RotoRob wonders when Giancarlo Stanton will break through as a 50-homer dude.
- Tim’s assertion that Washington has enough offense to make some noise in the playoffs.
- Further to that point, could we possibly see Stephen Strasburg return for the postseason, or will the Nats hold firm on protecting their young ace?
- Matt Harrison’s big season and how much Texas will need him in the playoffs.
- The Phillies’ complete humiliation of the Mets Thursday and the sweet linescores that emerged from that game.
- Tim tries to console himself in the fact that Brett Lawrie’s dismal season means he’ll come cheaper next year.
- Tim offers thanks to his fans that keep sending him European Gummy Bears.
You can bask in the hilarity, enlightenment and edutainment that is this week’s Podcast by clicking the play button below.