Podcast: The Beantown Massacre
The 2012 MLB season has been a long, strange trip as Jerry Garcia sung.
Woah! Stop the presses. For the second straight week we had a technical SNAFU-free episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast! Rest assured, there was plenty of pork chatter, and some rare rock ‘n roll talk, but for the most part, Buck, Tim and I focused on Fantasy baseball.
We looked such diverse topics as:
- How massively underrated Steve Winwood is as an artist.
- What the hell happened in Boston this season?
- How Junichi Tazawa could be an extremely key member of the Red Sox bullpen in 2013.
- Alex Rodriguez’s latest injury woe and how his 2012 season has gone.
- Speaking of the Yankees, will they have enough pitching after CC Sabathia to go deep in the playoffs?
- Tommy Hanson’s downhill ride since his rookie season.
- The absolutely mind-boggling second half that Kris Medlen has put together.
- Tim tries to explain how the Dodgers flopped despite bringing in all that talent at the trade deadline.
- How Anibal Sanchez’s roll comes at the perfect time for the streaking Tigers.
- Boston’s situation at shortstop both short and long term.
- How Cincy’s bats better wake up with the playoffs around the corner.
- Buck’s Christmas wish list, which includes a leather cap with furry flaps to cover his ears because he gets cold if the weather dips below 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The surprise that has been Rafael Betancourt’s season and his ability to hold the Colorado closing job from Rex Brothers all year.
- Michael Morse snapped a slump in a big way Thursday — another great sign for Nats fans as they head towards the playoffs.
- Buck tries to stump the panel with a trivia question while we’re so deep into the show that we have mush brain.
- RotoRob is revived late in the show thanks to the mere mention of bacon.
To hear the hilarity and mind-blowing edification of this week’s episode, press that triangle-shaped pointy thingy below.