Podcast: Playoff Preview
Jayson Werth spent plenty of time in street clothes, but hit well when active.
With the regular season ending Wednesday, this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio) focused on the upcoming playoffs and some of the feats that caught our eyes this season.
Our observations this week included:
- How it may actually be warmer on Mars than it is where Tim lives.
- Buck and RotoRob moan about the NHL negotiations.
- Buck tries to work as many “irrelevant tangents” into the show as possible.
- The tight battle between Bob Melvin and Buck Showalter for AL Manager of the Year.
- Tim explains how Bobby Valentine was responsible for all the non-injury related maladies that affected the BoSox this year.
- Tim’s playoff pool strategy, which includes loading up on Rangers (!) and Giants.
- Barry Zito’s phenomenal run down the stretch and whether he’s legitimately back.
- Has Homer Bailey finally arrived?
- The Reds’ playoff chances and their nasty one-two of Johnny Cueto and Mat Latos.
- The Orioles’ incredible comeback effort in the AL East and how they almost slayed the beast that is the Yankees.
- The shock that was Jim Johnson and Fernando Rodney combining for 99 saves this season.
- Are the A’s a team of destiny?
- Who will win the Giants-Reds matchup?
- Trying to figure out why Bronson Arroyo will start Game 2 of the NLDS over Latos.
- Is Hiroki Kuroda a good enough No. 2 starter to allow the Yanks to go deep into the playoffs?
- Trivia time: the last time Mariano Rivera wasn’t part of a Yankee playoff run.
- The end of the line for Omar Vizquel and whether he’s worthy of HoF consideration.
- How much Adam LaRoche would have helped teams lucky enough to grab him off the wire this season.
- Whether Raul Ibanez’s comeback season was a derivative of playing in a favourable ballpark.
To hear all of this and more, simply click the play button below. Now!