Podcast: Dissecting Deep Sleepers
Seattle is banking on Michael Morse returning to his 2011 form.
Thanks to yet another Blogtalkradio SNAFU, this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast was almost deep sixed. If not for a yeoman effort by Chris Wassel to save the day, the show would have been toast. As it was, we got underway about 40 minutes late. D’oh! But hey, we made up for lost time by churning out some crazy good chatter.
Note that the show begins with the complete version of “Man in the Box” by Alice in Chains, which was being played as we tried to figure out what the fuck was going on. We finally kicked off the real show around the five-minute mark.
This included a look at:
- Aaron Hicks, who has emerged as a deep sleeper with the Twins needing a new leadoff man.
- Adam Eaton, a man we’ve been tracking since college, looks ready to deliver on the promise.
- Tim’s perpetual hyping of Leonys Martin and how one of these days he’ll actually be right.
- Counting down the top eight in our 2013 Catcher Rankings.
- How Matt Wieters’ career has been a bit of a disappointment so far.
- Tim confesses to be thoughtless about Joe Mauer.
- Victor Martinez’s injury status and his position eligibility issues that could really screw a lot of owners.
- RotoRob says Yadier Molina will be solid again in 2013, but could easily be overdrafted.
- Keeper league owners of Tyler Clippard and Drew Storen are losing their shit right now.
- Trying to figure out where and when Michael Bourn will land.
- Ramon Ramirez’s control struggles in 2012 and whether that will affect his ability to find work this year.
Want to hear the show in its entirety? Of course you freaking do. Step one: Press play below. Step two: Enjoy.