Yangervis Solarte’s magical run came to an end this week. (Tim Clayton, The New York Times)
This week on RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, RotoRob was joined by RotoRob.com MLB/NFL writer Michael Seff, and despite some dead air issues thanks to Rob’s frigging Skype issue, everything went swimmingly.
Among the issues we covered:
- Expect plenty of post-draft coverage on RotoRob soon — in a wide range of sports.
- The Cardinals have been a pretty inept offensive club this season.
- Michael thinks Khris Davis may deserve some All-Star love based on his solid power numbers.
- Troy Tulowitzki is running away with the NL shortstop vote, and deservedly so.
- Josh Donaldson is proving last year was no fluke.
- Mark Teixeria is having a bounce back year, but is not All-Star worthy.
- No, he does not deserve it based on 2014, but who would deny Derek Jeter’s right to get his final All-Star hurrah as the starter?
- Nelson Cruz sure has been the beneficiary of a forgive and forget public.
- Hiromoto Okubo sounds like a combination of Billy Martin and Bobby Knight.
- It’s great to see Steve Pearce bust out for B-More.
- The Phillies rallied to snap a six-game losing skid.
- Yu Darvish was pushed back a day after a rain delay Thursday.
We had a great time, which can be heard in its entirety by clicking the play button below.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what you thought of our Fantasy baseball witticisms.