Sharp owners anticipated Ricky Romero’s struggles.
Happy Friday the 13th, everyone! While we tried to steer clear of ladders and black cats on this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast (heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio), Buck was doing a little window cleaning — man style. That’s right, Buck smashed through his glass house with a series of rants that Rush Limbaugh would have been proud of!
Among myriad Fantasy baseball related issues we covered were:
- Dustin Pedroia — the Little Pony — will be back soon.
- Why is Hunter Pence no longer running as a Phillie?
- Edwin Encarnacion’s new contract extension and whether this is a good move for the Jays.
- Melky Cabrera’s huge All-Star performance and whether he’s ever going to get any Fantasy respect.
- Buck’s trip down Memory Lane to the 1970 All-Star Game.
- Joba Chamberlain’s progress from Tommy John surgery and his ankle woes and whether he can become a Fantasy factor.
- Still in the Yankees’ pen, we assess Mariano Rivera’s chances of making it back this season.
- Sacramento’s chances of landing a major league baseball team.
- Buck’s rant on the origins of the “Tampa Bay” Rays.
- …which morphed quickly into Buck’s rant on Bud Selig’s insistence on starting the big league season in Japan as opposed to Cincinnati.
- Tim’s misspent childhood hustling people in pool halls.
- Could Carl Crawford be facing Tommy John surgery?
- What Milwaukee will do with Zack Greinke.
- Speaking of aces on the block, will the Dodgers land Ryan Dempster?
- Will the Pittsburgh Pirates be able to avoid another second-half swoon?
- The Reggie Jackson-New York Yankees saga.
- What to expect from top Cubbie draft choice Albert Almora.