Can Manny Ramirez bring the magic with him to Oakland?
This week’s Podcast was unique in a couple of ways. For starters, with Tim MIA (okay, he did have permission to attend that Gummy Bear convention), we had our first guest in the show’s history as Rich Wilson of Fantasy Pros 911 joined us, bringing with him his unique and very detailed Fantasy analysis.
Secondly, it was the swan song of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball 365. Starting next week (Thursday, March 1), we are: (a) moving from 11 p.m. EST to 9 p.m. EST each and every Thursday; (b) shifting from half an hour to a full hour format; and (c) rebranding the Podcast as RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly. Exciting times! Our new show landing page can be found here, so please update your bookmarks so you can easily find all our Podcasts for your listening pleasure and Fantasy baseball edification.
On this week’s show, we covered tons of ground, discussing among other things:
- Manny Ramirez landing in Oakland and what the A’s are trying to accomplish. Does Manny have any Fantasy value left?
- The Ryan Braun situation, which has left tons of people scratching their heads about how he beat the rap, and has providers a serious bonus to Fantasy owners that have already drafted him at a reduced price.
- The Yanks bringing in Raul Ibanez and re-signing Eric Chavez. Do either of these players have anything left to offer Fantasy owners?
- The oft-rumoured A.J. Burnett deal was finally consummated, sending the overpaid hurler to Pittsburgh. Does a shift back to the NL improve Burnett’s Fantasy outlook?
- And, of course, we ran down our Third Base Rankings, offering more analysis on the picks and pegging a couple of sleepers and busts at the hot corner.
To hear the show, simply click the play button below. It’s easy!