The Braves addressed rotation issues by signing Ervin Santana. (Tim Heitman-USA Today Sports)
RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, returned this week for around round of preseason baseball news and analysis as you prepare for the 2014 Fantasy baseball season. RotoRob was once again joined by RotoRob.com NBA Writer Bob Raymond, and special guest John Rotondo of RotoDerby.com.
Among the topics covered this week:
- We finally have some encouraging news on the Cole Hamels front.
- Jeff Manship and David Buchanan are battling for the fifth starter job in Philly. Excited?
- Brett Wallace was the odd man out in Houston.
- The CEO of RotoDerby explains how his new game appeals to the time-strapped Fantasy owner.
- Contrary to some reports, new Cardinals shortstop Aledmys Diaz will not be the next Derek Jeter.
- Despite their winter of adding vets, the Marlins’ model hasn’t changed: you’re arbitration eligible? Okay, you’re gone.
- Bob is scratching his head over Miami’s decision to start Rafael Furcal at second base over Derek Dietrich.
- Phil Hughes pitched well for the Twinkies, but was undone by his D.
- Who’s a better keeper — Carlos Correa or Francisco Lindor?
- Ivan Nova took a beating from a less-than-powerful offense that is the Phillies’ lineup.
- Can Mike Moustakas’ nice spring carry over into a long-awaited breakout season?
- We debate whether Miguel Cabrera or Mike Trout should go first overall.
- No Podcast for the next two weeks because of March Madness. We’ll be back on April 3.
To hear the show in its complete glory, simply click the play button below.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below whether you agreed or disagreed with our thinking.
Save $1 on The 2014 Fantasy Baseball Guide
Buy the 2014 Fantasy Baseball Guide online, use promo code ROTOROB2014 and save yourself a buck. Do it. Do it now.