Tommy La Stella should be a hot Fantasy commodity after shifting to leadoff. (Curtis Compton/AJC)
This week on RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, RotoRob was joined by The Fantasy Insiders’ Joel Henard, back for a second appearance after making his debut on our Podcast last month. Unfortunately, RotoRob kept getting kicked off, but Joel has a legitimate radio cave, so basically, he can survive a direct hit from an ICBM and keep broadcasting.
Among the topics the boys covered this week:
- Our Mock NHL Draft analysis series by Dakota Case continues to roll along.
- Twelve of the Dodgers’ record 22 no-hitters have occurred since the team moved west.
- What Clayton Kershaw achieved with his first career no-hitter on Wednesday was truly incredible.
- The Braves and Rockies, despite very little history, seem to really dislike each other.
- Joel and RotoRob debate what should be proper etiquette when tempers flare and batters get plunked.
- It’s great to see Nick Masset back in the game after two seasons lost to injuries.
- We pay tribute to the late Tony Gwynn, a man that was just so prepared to do his job every day.
- Geoff Young, the long-time Padre blogger, gets a shout out.
- Nick Swisher’s dramatic grand salami gave the Indians yet another walk-off win.
- Kyle Crockett is quickly establishing himself as a reliever to pay attention to.
- Joe Nathan actually looked like his old self — for one night, anyway.
- Carlos Gomez continues to perform like a top round pick.
- Huston Street, rumoured to be on his way to Detroit seemingly every year, could once again be a hot commodity at the deadline.
To hear 70-plus minutes of pure Fantasy baseball goodness, all you need to do is click the play button below. It’s that easy.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below whether you agree or disagree with our ramblings.