October 10, 2014
The Dan O’Dowd era is mercifully over. (Rockiesreview.com)
After missing last week because of the MLB playoffs, RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, was back in action this week, this time featuring Pattonandco’s Tim McLeod.
Among the issues we dissected were:
- Josh has wrapped up his season-long RotoDerby reports.
- How do the St. Louis Cardinals keep doing it?
- The Cards’ rotation will be well rested heading into the NLCS.
- Lance Lynn has been remarkably consistent for the past few years.
- The Cards finished dead last in the NL in homers, yet have flexed their pop in the playoffs.
- Look at the Padres’ current roster and try to find a pitcher that hasn’t been felled by Tommy John surgery.
- The Giants sure figured out some weird ways to cobble together runs in the deciding game against the Nats.
- Tim gives the Cards a slight edge in the NLCS.
- As soon as the Giants turned over second base to Joe Panik, they started to roll.
- Billy Butler and Alex Gordon are finally enjoying their long-awaited rewards.
- RotoRob wonders where his thank you was from Tim’s Tout Wars win speech.
To hear our Fantasy baseball goodness ooze from your speakers, simply press the play button below.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what you thought of our baseball banter.
October 9, 2014
Hester has been pretty forthcoming about his unhappiness in his final years with the Bears, and there is nothing we love more than a player with a chip on his shoulder facing off against his former team. Look for him to see more targets than usual as his new team tries to set him up to show the Bears what they’ve been missing. more
October 8, 2014
On this week’s episode of RotoRob Fantasy Football Weekly Podcast, heard every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, Nick Wagner
, Vaney Hariri
and Josh Johnson
were joined by Mike Krafick
October 7, 2014
Our infatuation with this year’s rookie class continues as this week’s Troll
shines the spotlight on three more of them. We would like to remind you when the bye weeks burden your roster it’s okay to take a chance on rookie. They do lack consistency but our hope is that you will squeeze them at their peak. We now present for your convenience The Wire Troll
for Week Six. more
October 6, 2014
We fully expect Rubio to be given the keys to the offense and to help this team grow around his skills and develop this talented group of youngsters into a good team over the next few seasons. We think his assist numbers will go up, and he’s already a great source of steals. Finally, let’s remember that Rubio is still only 23 years old. more