July 31, 2014
Will Jon Bon Jovi buy the Bills and shoot their fans through the heart?
On this week’s episode of RotoRob Fantasy Football Weekly Podcast, heard every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, Nick Wagner and Josh Johnson were joined by Chris Ransom of Draft Utopia.
Among the issues we tackled this week:
- Patrick Peterson gets an extension, but Ndamukong Suh does not.
- In NFL realignment news, could the Raiders be headed to San Antonio? Buffalo “Bon Jovi” Bills to Toronto or Los Angeles?
- What constitutes a bust?
- Ray Rice only get two games for punching his fiancee?
- Who are some players on the rise?
- Who do we dislike?
- Henry Johnson catches us up on what’s shaking at the Pats’ camp.
- Nick rants about Tony Dungy’s comments about Michael Sam.
- We review our Tight End Rankings with Chris.
- Is Jason Witten declining?
- Delanie Walker, Mychal Rivera and Matt Spaeth are potential sleepers.
- Injury news on David Wilson, Rod Streater and more.
- Fantasy players we won’t touch, just because.
To hear the Podcast in its entirety, simply click the pointy thingy below.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what you think of our Podcast prattle.
Appearing on next week’s Podcast will be RotoRob.com’s own J.R. Anderson and Michael Seff.
July 30, 2014
The Blackhawks never seem to have to make very many moves in the offseason to stay competitive. A good reason why is because of how well they draft. Even in a draft class that was considered weak this year, Chicago made good use of its nine picks, fortifying prospect depth with the selections of two centres, four wingers, two defensemen and a goaltender. more
July 29, 2014
There’s good reason for CarGo to be so discounted considering all the injuries this year have limited him to 10 homers in his worst season since he was a rookie with the A’s. He missed two games this weekend because of an ankle woe, came back Monday and looked very rusty (0-for-4 with two Ks), dropping his BA to a butt-ugly .152 mark over the last 20 games. So why in the hell would we recommend the struggling Gonzalez? Well, how about his career 7-for-9 mark with six RBI against Jackson? Climb aboard the CarGo express at such an inexpensive cost. more
July 28, 2014
e must give him some credit for showing the football world that a tight end can be an impact player. If you roll back the clock back you will find he was the first real productive tight end. Ditka was force for the Chicago Bears as a rookie in 1961 when he scored 12 TDs and went over 1,000 yards receiving. His average yard per catch was staggering 19.2. “Iron Mike” was Rookie of the Year and he eventually went on to be the first tight end selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. While he never topped his rookie stats he was still a feared player throughout his career. more
July 27, 2014
Brush those trade rumours aside, Mr. Ackley, we don’t think you’ll be going anywhere. You may, however, find some new Fantasy owners after your torrid July, which includes a .358 average, 814 OPS, and five RBIs. No, Ackley’s season numbers don’t wow you, but the former No. 2 overall draft pick seems to be finding his stroke as of late. more