September 25, 2014
Kelvin Benjamin is opening eyes with his play. (Isportsweb.com)
On this week’s episode of RotoRob Fantasy Football Weekly Podcast, heard every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, Nick Wagner and Josh Johnson were joined by Brian Tesch of FantasyPros.com.
Among the topics we went deep for (and we do mean deep):
- Nick’s Dynasty team is put under review.
- DeAndre Hopkins and Terrence Williams are shining in the Lone Star state.
- Nick rants about the luster of old school football.
- Kelvin Benjamin vs. ESPN leagues.
- We discuss Kirk Cousins’ current Fantasy value.
- Teddy Bridegwater vs. Blake Bortles.
- Isaiah Crowell is producing for Cleveland.
- Fred Jackson naysayers be damned.
- Our Wire Troll recommendations.
- Running back by committee situations are poison to us Fantasy owners.
- Sit or start advice on Allen Robinson at SD, Bishop Sankey at Indy and many more.
- ATS time: Miami over Oakland in London, we guess.
- San Francisco minus 4.5 vs. Philadelphia — hell no!
- Sorry New England, not in Arrowhead.
Simply click the play button below to bask in our Fantasy football fun and frivolity.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what you think of our pigskin prattle.
Appearing on next week’s Podcast will be Steve Lazare (the black Zack Morris).
September 24, 2014
If there is one good thing about being down big at the half of every game (at least for Fantasy football purposes), it’s having to throw your way back into it and we suspect this one will be a shootout. So start Maclin. more
September 23, 2014
Thanks to an injury that kept unimpressive starter Bernard Pierce
sidelined in Week Three, Taliaferro got his first chance to carry the rock at the professional level. Despite his impressive debut (18-91-1) he is probably more of a guy to stash than a bye week replacement right now, since Pierce is expected back soon. We do believe, however, that the talented rookie should take the lead in this committee before too long. While Justin Forsett
is also in the mix for touches in a complementary role, he is not viewed as an every-down back. If Pierce continues to struggle look for Taliaferro to be the main beneficiary. more
September 22, 2014
At some point, Crosby has to be accountable for the postseason failures of the Penguins. If your wrist is injured, when do you take yourself out of the lineup or take less of a role? During the regular season, Crosby showed some signs of slowing down a bit (22 points in his last 20 games and a good bit of that was pre-injury). With a new coach and GM, a new system, and a few minor tweaks, Mr. Crosby should still do very well, but we are not convinced he will reach 100 points. It will be close. However, he may end up with more power play points. more
September 21, 2014
This must be a good omen for the Amazins’. Duda (a.k.a. The Big Lebowski) has developed into quite the power threat, with 28 bombs so far, giving him a legitimate shot at 30. He has gone deep 13 times since the All-Star break and boasts an 854 OPS in the month of September. more