Podcast: Assessing the Outfield
We tackle the important Fantasy issues, like which players will turn into vampires.
On Thursday, our new Podcast format debuted amidst ticker tape, champagne, dancing girls and — of course — vampires.
RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly, now one hour in length and beginning at 9 p.m. EST on Thursday evenings at Blogtalkradio, follows essentially the same format that you already knew and loved from our old Podcast. Except there’s more! In fact, Buck Davidson, Tim McLeod and I spent 90 minutes on Thursday helping you prepare for your Fantasy draft, covering a massive range of topics, including:
- Whether Chris Perez is still a viable Fantasy option or if he’s been Pipped.
- How long will it take Adam Wainwright to rediscover his 2009-10 form?
- Should Fantasy owners really be counting on Ryan Howard making it back in May?
- Is Johan Santana draftable now?
- Is Justin Morneau a sleeper or just a headache waiting to happen?
- What was Houston thinking moving Brett Myers into the closer role?
- Can Ichiro Suzuki hit 20 homers, and is Chone Figgins suddenly useful again?
- In the closest thing to a fist fight yet, the panel shares differing views on how valuable Jason Varitek was.
- And, of course, we provided some deep analysis into our recently released Outfield Rankings, offering up sleepers, duds and which flyhawks we think will be turned into vampires this season — and whether becoming a vampire helps or hurts a player’s Fantasy value.
Yes, we tackled the issues that are most important to Fantasy owners and you can hear all by simply pressing that pointy thingy play button below. Act now and we’ll give you 30 minutes for free!