Well, it’s January once again, and that invariable involves: (a) clothes that make you feel like the Michelin Man; (b) another year of NFL playoffs (this time it actually involved my Chargers, woo hoo!); and, last but definitely not least (c) a brand new edition of The Fantasy Baseball Guide, the preeminent bible for Fantasy baseball preparation.
As per usual, we’re here to give you the 411 about the newest edition (which, brilliantly is known as the 2019 guide), and — as you’ve come to expect — we’ve got an offer for you to save a sweet percentage off the cover price when you buy it with our exclusive promo code. Yay!!
This year marks a pair of milestones for RotoMan’s quintessential Fantasy publication: the magazine has turned 20, and RotoRob has now been involved with the project for 15 years! Last year, real world work limited us to writing fewer profiles than we would have liked; this year, we made up for that with 434 profiles. Woo hoo!
So… about that offer… Once again, we’re giving RotoRob.com readers a chance to save $1 when they order the online version (US$7.99; you need a web connection to view it, but it auto formats to any device or screen) or PDF version (US$9.95; this is a download that can be read on your device, best viewed on a desktop, laptop or tablet) of the magazine. You can also order the print edition of the magazine and have it mailed to you for $10.49.
Simply click here, order which version of the mag you want, use promo code Rob19 at checkout and viola! You are now the proud owner of the finest Fantasy baseball publication in the industry. Whatever will you do with that dollar you saved? Perhaps start a college fund for your offspring?
As per usual, this comprehensive pub features plenty of Team RotoRob-related contributions. Besides RotoRob, current and former RotoRob.com writers that aided in the creation of this masterpiece include: Buck Davidson, Tim McLeod and Herija Green.
As mentioned, 2019 marks the 20th anniversary of the magazine and to celebrate, there’s a great mock draft following NFBC rules. There’s also a rookie preview section which features the Top 30 Rookies.
But wait… there’s more! Order the 2019 Fantasy Baseball Guide now and you’ll also receive:
- Clay Link’s article about winning the National Fantasy Baseball Invitational tournament;
- Larry Schechter’s article about not winning Tout Wars since his book was published;
- Games played by position charts for both major and minor leaguers;
- Position by position cheat sheets;
- Approximately 1,400 player profiles (434 written by yours truly), complete with roto prices and projections;
- Over 300 picks and pans from Fantasy baseball experts (yes, this includes RotoRob, who last year identified Rougned Odor, Jacob deGrom and Lance McCullers Jr. as guys you wanted on your team, while identifying the likes of Avisail Garcia, Stephen Strasburg and Tommy Pham as dumpster fire situations);
- Strategy essays; and
- An expert NFBC-style mock draft including analysis.
The publication is expected to hit stands on January 16 (and there are reports that some people have already spotted it), but of course if you prefer to procure it online, once again, order here and remember to use the Rob19 promo code for a deal!
RotoRob Tune of the Day
British comedy group Monty Python got its start in 1969, and through several breaks, continued to churn out brilliant side-splitting material until 2014. In 1974, it released Live at Drury Lane, and from this effort, here is “Gumby – Flower Arranging.”
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what you think of this year’s edition.