videogames

Check out New cheap jersey from china on DHgate.com

NBA Daily Dose: Fallen Warriors

February 13, 2007 | By RotoRob | comment on this post
Golden State Warriors point guard Baron Davis is undergoing knee surgery.
Baron Davis, right, is going under the knife today, delaying the Warriors’ best lineup from playing together for at least another couple of weeks.

Golden State’s big plan was to see Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and Andris Biedrins on the court at once. Well, we’re still waiting on that one, and with B. Diddy undergoing surgery today, it may be at least a couple of weeks until it happens. We check in on the Warriors and their injury woes in today’s Daily Dose.

Matt Carroll is about to be Knighted; Jason Terry is playing his best ball of the year; Mickael Pietrus is still out; Elton Brand was a surprise spectator yesterday; Flash was the Player of the Week in the East; J-Kidd will be on his back (and not in a good way) for a couple of games; Grant Hill doesn’t think he’s on the block; Jarrett Jack is solidifying his gig; Johan Petro is out of the doghouse; and Antawn Jamison had to give Agent Zero a verbal spanking.

Will Barack Obama be the first black president in the history of the U.S.? We always thought it would be Michael Jordan, but either way it’s high time. In the meantime, though, we bring you all the fantasy basketball content you can handle in todays’ Daily Dose.

Feed Burner eMail Get RotoRob by Email: Enter your email below to receive daily updates direct to your inbox. Only a pink taco wouldn’t subscribe.
PostShadow

6 Responses to “NBA Daily Dose: Fallen Warriors”

1. James Morris says:

With all the guys pulling out of the All-Star game recently, can there be 2 allstar events named the Pro Bowl?

2. RotoRob says:

Ha ha, ya, I hear ya. I mean, nothing is as bad as the Pro Bowl, but if my guy’s got a nagging injury, I’d much rather see him take a few days off and rest for the stretch run rather than go play in an exhibition game. It hurts the quality of the game, but what can you do? Would you rather see the Suns without Nash in the playoffs?

3. James Morris says:

I know that if you are hurting and have to pick between an exhibition game and the rest of the season, you should pick the season. But, as a fan, I want to see the best against the best.

I’d like to see them add a 1 on 1 competition to the mix myself. Lets find out who really is the best individual player in the game.

4. RotoRob says:

I hear what you’re saying. You always want to see the best. Not sure how a 1-on-1 competition would work, but it’s sounds intriguing. I’m still not sold that it would establish who is the best individual player, however, given the disparate skills that would encompass. For instance, who do you think would win a 1-on-1 game between, say, Shawn Marion and Luke Ridnour? But who would rather have on your team?

5. James Morris says:

I would say you have 3 brackets. PG’s, SG/SF’s, PF/C’s. Get the best 8 in each catagory and let them go at it… play to 11. I’ll take Marion on both.

There is a difference in best player and best team player. I would bet Nash is one of the best, if not the best, team players around. But, I’d bet Rafer Alston would school him 1 on 1.

6. RotoRob says:

Good point, there’s a huge difference there. But I can’t see Marion, as mobile as he is for a big man, beating a speedster like Ridnour in 1-on-1. Yeah, he can shoot over him, but dribble past?

Alston is a great example. Fantastic skills, but has a tough time playing within himself too often and that results in errors.