Podcast: Carlos Pena Heads Back to the Bay
Prince Fielder’s impressive bat — and girth — are now Tigers’ property.
RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball 365 Podcast was back for another episode Thursday night. In what was our most spirited show yet, Buck, Tim and I provided our analysis for a bevy of Fantasy baseball news, including:
- Carlos Pena and his limp BA head back to Tampa Bay, where he enjoyed his finest seasons. Does he have another big season left in the tank?
- Detroit says “no problem” about Victor Martinez’s torn ACL and scoops Prince Fielder off the market, creating a backlash of Fantasy implications, including the move of Miguel Cabrera back to the hot corner and an interesting situation in 2013 when they have V-Mart, Prince and Miggy with possibly only two positions to play them at.
- Francisco Cordero is one of the a clear losers in the great Closer Carousel of the 2011/12 offseason as he signs with the Jays to act as Sergio Santos’ primary set-up man. Does this render Coco as Fantasy anathema?
- Boston sheds salary by shipping Marco Scutaro to to the Rox. What does this do for Scutaro’s value, and where does this leave the BoSox’ shortstop situation?
- We also spent quite a bit of time providing in-depth analysis of our Catcher Rankings, released earlier this week as part of the 2012 RotoRob MLB Draft Kit. How does the top tier look and who are some bargains that are flying under the radar?
If you missed our Podcast Thursday, fear not. Simply click the play button below to hear it in its entirety. Do it. Now!