Podcast: Marvelling at Perfection
Brett Gardner’s high-fiving elbow is still ailing.
The whole panel was back together in this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio. Best of all, things went off without a technical hitch — unless you count Buck nearly losing his voice.
With our host somewhat ailing and rationing his larynx use, Tim and I carried most of the conversation, which consisted of analysis of the following stories:
- Matt Cain’s perfect game and how that may lead to starting pitchers hitting golf balls out of their respective home parks.
- Brandon Morrow’s trip to the DL and how the Jays’ rotation is suddenly falling apart.
- Tim’s impending use of a walker and a hearing aid.
- Jonathan Sanchez’s return from the DL and whether he’s worth a pickup.
- Joe Torre’s recent comments about Alex Rodriguez.
- Tim Lincecum’s struggles and what his owners can do about them.
- How good a hitter Robin Ventura was with the bases loaded.
- What were the Jays thinking with the whole Vladimir Guerrero ordeal?
- David Robertson’s pending activation what his likely role will be in the Bombers’ bullpen.
- Should pitchers hit? The rant was on!
- The merits of Sausage Races.
- How a starting pitcher’s career can be massively extended by being converted into a reliever.
- Tim’s sudden confession that he doesn’t think much of Tommy Milone after all. WTF?
- Brett Gardner’s setback with an elbow woe that could sideline him an additional few weeks.
- John Smoltz’s number being retired by the Braves and his inevitable enshrinement in Cooperstown.
We’ve got all this, plus a ton of other Fantasy baseball related news and analysis. Want some? Click the play button below and you’ll be on your way to Fantasy baseball enlightenment.