Podcast: Dee Gordon Goes Down
Why isn’t Wei-Yin Chen an All-Star?
RotoRob did his best to offend people with unisexual names, Buck snared a foul ball and Tim cut into his vacation time. It all happened this week on RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio.
Among the week’s highlights:
- Yu Darvish’s selection for the All-Star Game, despite his own insistence that he doesn’t deserve the honour.
- Dan Haren’s first career DL stint and how perhaps it’s a blessing in disguise.
- Analysis of the Carlos Lee trade.
- How hard Jonny Venters has been worked the past couple of seasons and how that may have led to his injury.
- Shelley Duncan going on paternity leave and whether his wife’s name is Bob.
- Chris Carpenter’s season-ending surgery and what this may mean for his future prospects.
- Will Boston part ways with Daisuke Matsuzaka?
- How the days when you were a closer for life are in the rear view mirror.
- Chipper Jones’ All-Star selection in his final season.
- Thanks to Robinson Cano and Ian Kinsler, Jason Kipnis is a major All-Star snub.
- Is new Oriole Jim Thome an automatic Hall of Famer?
- Another round of debate about how to treat the Steroid Era players for HoF purposes.
- Which is the real Aaron Hill?
- The return of Travis Hafner and whether he’s worth a look in AL-only leagues.
- The impossibility of typing “Dickey” in the Blogtalkradio chat room.