Podcast: LCS Edition
Despite Angel Pagan’s glovework, the Giants are on the brink in the NLCS.
Another Thursday evening has come and gone and with it, another episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard at 9 p.m. EST each week on Blogtalkradio.
This week — even with a truncated show given the lack of things to talk about at the moment — was not without its technical snafus as RotoRob got summarily dumped from the Podcast briefly. But all in all, things went smoothly as the panel discussed such issues as:
- The Cardinals — despite all they lost this offseason — being right back, a win away from another trip to the World Series.
- Jason Motte being used for two innings to nail down a win for St. Louis.
- We pay homage to the late, great Eddie Yost, who passed away earlier this week.
- Remembering Reggie Jackson’s exploits on the 35th anniversary of the birth of Mr. October.
- We make our World Series predictions and Tim goes out on a limb suggesting Detroit will represent the AL in the series.
- How big an X factor the return of Chris Carpenter is for the Cardinals.
- How meekly the Yanks went down to the Tigers — even more so when you remove their four-run ninth inning explosion in Game One.
- Hector Sanchez’s bad play at the plate that allowed St. Louis to score yet another run Thursday night.
- Could Joe Torre seriously consider becoming manager of the Boston Red Sox?
- Tim tries to provide an NPB update, but is rebuffed by RotoRob.
- Projecting Bryce Harper’s draft position in 2013.
- Justin Verlander putting the Tigers on his back and making them AL Champions.
Listen to the Podcast in its entirety by clicking the play button below. Do it. Do it now.